Fri, Jul 28|
Covenant Ballet Theatre
Summer Intensive Parent Showing #1
Covenant Ballet Theatre of Brooklyn invites you to attend final parent showing for our newly expanded five-week Summer Intensive July 10 - 28, 2023. CBT Summer Intensive is for serious ballet students and includes ballet, pointe, mens' work, modern, conditioning, jazz, character, and more.
Time & Location
Jul 28, 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Covenant Ballet Theatre, 251 Avenue U, Brooklyn, NY 11223, USA
About the Event
Covenant Ballet Theatre of Brooklyn invites you to attend final parent showing for our newly expanded five-week Summer Intensive July 10 - 28, 2023.
Friday, July 28 | 3:30-4:00 PM
RSVP by 12pm on July 28
Located in historic Gravesend, Brooklyn, CBT is in a safe, established, and quiet neighborhood an hour’s train ride from Times Square, the ‘heart’ of New York City. Students learn from CBT faculty and esteemed guest artists for a summer developing technique, artistry, character and life skills in an accepting yet rigorous environment. The program is available in two and three-week segments. The small class size ensures personal attention for every student.
Our program covers ballet and modern dance technique, conditioning, pointe, men’s work, repertoire, and electives such as jazz, composition, nutrition, hip-hop, injury prevention, Benesh Movement Notation, and dance history. Dancers attend a live ballet performance by American Ballet Theatre at the Metropolitan Opera House. Students have the opportunity to perform in The Harlem Project with Matthew Westerby Company.
Please see below information for information about our faculty and guest artists.
- Marla Hirokawa, Artistic Director and Founder: Ballet, Conditioning, Pointe, Repertory
- Sonia Jones, Executive Director: Ballet, Conditioning
- Rosanna Seravalli, Professor of Dance, Purchase College, and former soloist, American Ballet Theatre, Ballet: Partnering, Men's work, Pointe, Variations, Repertory
- Rebeccah Brann: Horton / Modern technique
- Stephen Campanella: Ballet, Men's, Character, Mime, Benesh Notation, Dance History
- Karina Fornazaro: Ballet, Pointe
- Joseph Tudisco: Jazz
- Matthew Westerby: Composition, Contemporary, The Harlem Project
- Zimmi Coker, member of the corps de ballet of American Ballet Theatre: Ballet, Pointe, Repertory
- Amanda Brewster, The Movement Habit: BodyLab, Injury Prevention
- Cynthia Newland, Alible 3: Nutrition
- Shenaya McCummings: Hip Hop
Friday, July 28 | 3:30-4:00 PM$0.00